Monday, June 28, 2010

Breaking the Fourth Wall

Okay, today's post is something a little different. Instead of hearing about Tee for today, I'm breaking the fourth wall. Tee will be back next week like usual, but I wanted to take the time to do a couple of necessary things.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who's been reading! I appreciate everyone taking the time to check out my work. Thank you!
I hope you're enjoying it so far.

Second, I'd like to make this week for you, the readers. Now's your chance to voice your thoughts! Are there things you like? Dislike? Stuff you're dying to know? Something you can't stand? Then please comment and let your voice be heard! Or, if you're feeling shy, email them to me (worldofazunah at gmail.com). I'd really love to hear your feedback. It helps make the blog better.


And since it would be a very lame post without any kind of artwork, I bring you an archaeological relic--the first Azu-nah!




Don't hurt yourself laughing. Technically it isn't the first Azu-nah, but it's the first picture I did of them when I'd figured out who they were and what they were called. They've changed a bit, as you can see. This guy (it was actually a girl at the time) dates back to about 2000/2001, when dinosaurs roamed.


Next week, Tee will be back with a new species and D'Keda's unusual way of packing. Look forward to it!

5 comments:

  1. My only complaint is a little selfish, in that I can't contribute to this project in any way. :P I don't really expect to be able to, though, so that's minor to the extreme.

    Hmmm...well, if I might comment, I should say that you do a very good job with taking your time. You're not rushing through this at all, and your descriptions are so elaborate. In other words, you're doing a very good job just establishing the setting and the culture. I can't help but feel that this is all just an introduction, and that soon we'll get to the real adventure, whatever that may be.

    I'm sure the move to that blue yonder in the picture you drew a few posts back will be something of a great adventure in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say the way they hunt is a little bit difficult. If they use their tail to launch a speer/arrow they must be able to stop their movement very fast without changing the trajectory of the speer/arrow. I imagine this to be very hard as I by myself wouldn't be able to do this with my large rear part.

    Sorry for the bad english but this isn't my mother tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Arthur

    Your English is actually very good. :)

    Your comment is very interesting, though. I think my drawing may not have gotten my concept across. Looking at it again, the picture makes it look a bit like the tail simply stops moving once they launch the spear. that's not really what I meant. I imagine the tail would continue some ways, perhaps with the tip even hitting the Azu-nah on the shoulder.

    This video is one of the things I used for reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGiuKyHkwmw&feature=related

    See how his arm is still moving once the spear is launched? I imagine the Azu-nah would be similar. Except their movement would be much more horizontal.

    I hope that helps it make more sense. Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Prannon

    There is indeed quite a lot more waiting. Tee is only just scratching the surface of Minerva. It won't just be her fumbling with language and culture forever, I promise.

    As for contributing? You've actually contributed already in that you've brought several things to my attention that never occurred to me. The idea of proteins being an issue, for example. Feedback sparks creativity.

    But as for contributing more directly, please feel free to do anything you'd like. I'm in the process of putting together a page to complement the blog. It'll have an ever growing dictionary, explanations, and any content that people want to submit. Art, writing, suggestions, speculation. I'd love to have it all up there. Who knows? You may come up with something that would never have occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Project: Azu-nah



    Yeah, I see.
    What I colud read in the text and see in the picture I thought this method of spear dart would involve some sort of pibe or tube. But with the device from the video it is possblie. Now that i can the it, I can even remember that I read something about this once.

    ReplyDelete